Friday, October 17, 2008

The Simple Things


Sometimes it's the simple things in life that bring the most frustration and the most joy. My "toy room" is case in point. I try to be an organized person, but with four boys, it's an uphill battle. I have given up and generally try to avoid the toy room. When the going gets really tough and I've had just about enough frustration, I call in reinforcements by the name of "Robyn" (name may or may not have been changed to protect her identity). I've used "Robyn" a couple of times in the past and know she has a way of setting me straight with her BRUTAL honesty. Everyone needs a friend who isn't afraid to tell you what's what and doesn't judge you for the AMOUNT OF TOYS you have or the dust bunnies and DEAD FLIES in the window sill.

My goal was to get EVERY toy in the house organized into one room. It has been a major irritation of mine to try to put a toy away when its home could be in one of five different rooms. With "Robyn's" help we managed to transform the chaos into order. The boys have actually played in this room and with toys they haven't played with in a long time because the pieces weren't all together. At night (now, I know the novelty of a clean, organized toy room hasn't worn off yet), the boys are happy to clean up and put everything away where it belongs. (If you noticed I made labels with words and pictures to make it easy for everyone.)

Now, when I walk past this room, I get a little bit of joy and satisfaction - thanks to a friend I like to call "Robyn."

3 comments:

Natalie said...

The "dudes" bucket cracked me up. Every action figure is a "dude" in our house now thanks to your influence. I am so very impressed with your toy room. I too love to sit back and see organization at it's best.

GAv said...

I wish I had a "Dude" box.....

Mom and Camera said...

Oh what I wouldn't give for a clean toy room. I avoid mine at all costs.