Friday, June 26, 2009

The First Days of Summer...

The first few days of summer were actually warm. Here is proof for all you Utahns who think the whole month of June has been rainy.



You can also tell that these pictures were taken during the first days of summer because our sorry little pool is up in the background. We were still in the process of discovering all the holes in the inflatable ring. Sadly, after at least 5 patches, we discovered it was just too far gone to save and had to be drained. Leon eventually took a razor blade to it and officially ended its life. You can also tell it's early in the summer since the lawn is actually mowed. With all the rain it is now long enough to braid and an overwhelming job to Leon.

5 comments:

Tara said...

ha ha...longe enough to braid! That's good!!
Love the pix! Sorry about the pool. :( so sad.

Jen said...

Poor pool, are you going to replace it? We love our water slide! I think the rain just bothered us more than it would have because of the outdoor play Ryan and Zak were in. They only had 3 rain free good nights.

Jen said...

I was just looking at the books you have read and was wondering what you thought of Inkspell. Is Inkheart the first one? Are the books good? I am still looking for my next series of books to read. I have read The Princess Academy and loved it. I like Harry Potter and Magyk, so Inkspell looked like it might interest me. I also find that Zak reads more when I am reading books that interest him too.

Natalie said...

One of these days I'd love to see a picture of you going down the slip n' slide. :)

Jen said...

I have an award for you over at my blog: www.thethriftyhome.com
You can use it here or at your jewelry blog, or both.