Thursday, September 2, 2010

The First Day of My Last

So, it's official - my last kid just started school and I'm home ALONE for 3 hours. (Sniff) Landon has been counting down the days for school to start and keeps reassuring me that he won't be gone forever and that he'll come home (not that he's being guilt-tripped, or anything).When we stopped at the school, he was out of the van so quickly that I wasn't able to get a picture of him until he was at the playground - already behind the confines of school.
Here he is holding the door for the entire class - what a gentleman. Ha!
He was so happy to be able to sit by someone he knew. When I went in to take his picture, he was chatting with her a mile an hour. I told him that once the teacher starts talking, he cannot talk with friends. He kinda rolled his eyes and said, "I know, Mom. Now, I want to talk to Katie," and he totally brushed me off. (Sniff, again)
He had a great time and had a lot to tell me when he got home. Being his first day of Kindergarten I decided that I could spring for the $5 and buy him his OWN, new backpack - not a hand-me-down one. He is SO proud of it, he wanted to take a picture of it.
(Picture taken by Landon)

4 comments:

Laurel C. said...

That is one handsome kindergarten-er! I love how excited he is.

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you felt about Landon in school this year. Ends of eras are so hard to deal with. The end of kids at home during the day would be a tough era to let go of. Yours has lasted 13 years! Wow. Are you sure you aren't relishing your 3 hours to yourself? :)

Unknown said...

What a good picture! :)
YAY to you for some FREEDOM, for a few hours anyway!

Jen said...

You can have another one so you're not all alone. I got pregnant when Madeline was in kindergarten and it was bitter-sweet. I'm sure you will be very happy after a day or two though.

Marie said...

That picture is preatty good:)