Jayden has been taking piano lessons for just over a year now and has really taken to it. He was pretty nervous performing in his first piano recital, but did very well. The piano has come naturally to him, even though he says otherwise.
Cameron has been taking piano lessons for about 5 months now and is quite proud of his accomplishments. He was NOT nervous at all for the recital and was actually looking forward to it. He played his pieces perfectly, and was so cute doing it.
My performance, on the other hand, was a train wreck - honestly. You hear people criticize their performance either looking for affirmation that it really was good, or just because they are modest. It was honestly a train wreck. If you are one of those people who are compelled to look at a car accident and can't look away, then go ahead, watch my video. My ego has been stripped down far enough. Having a few more people share in my humiliation can't do any more damage. I took piano as a kid, but have only plinked around for the last 25 years - developing some pretty bad habits, apparently. I only recently started taking lessons again - like a month or so ago. This recital stressed me out more than I thought it would and I practiced a TON - despite my poor performance. I really wish I could redo that minute and a half of my life, but I guess I just have to move on.
The following videos will most likely bore the heck out of ya', so don't bother watching them. I only posted them for a few people who requested them - you know who you are.






7 comments:
Oh my HEAVENS! Those were the cutest videos! Thank you so much for posting them for me. Jayden and Cameron are absolutely adorable little gentlemen. What good boys you have. They were wonderful!
And train wreck? I hardly think so. Okay, maybe you paused a couple times to get your bearings... but train wreck? Um, NO! You memorized your piece, had great form, used dynamics, and seemed to have proper fingering. And just the fact that you were THERE, learning a new skill, gives you 500 extra credit brownie points. I see no train wreck. GREAT WORK!
I think you all did a fantastic job!
Stephanie you and your did kids great. It wasn't a train wreck.
WAY TO GOOOOOOOO! I thought you did GREAT. Plus I think it's so great that your kids see you learning a skill too. That's even an extra, extra 500 brownie points!
WOW! I'm impressed! And train wreck? Um, I don't think so! I really admire you. (seriously, you have no idea how much!) You have imspired me to go for it, too. I have wanted to take piano lessons my whole life & I think I'm really going to do it this time. Thanks!
Stephanie- You judge yourself WAY too much girl. You did a great job- so, who cares you messed up a few times. That is what life is all about. Messing up and learning!
Your awesome!
I watched every one of those and loved it! OK Stephanie, I'll tell you what a train wreck really is if you think that is one!! Ha ha. I kept waiting for the "train wreck" but there never was one :). But I guess hearing from Scott what a talented musician you are this kind of experience is out of the norm for you. I also must say that performing as an adult with other children is a step up on the pressure scale-- I'm impressed that you not only participated, but like an iceskater after a little slip you finished through to the end very gracefully!! (by far my biggest train wreck was when I was the teacher playing in my own recital. . .oh for mercy sake!! So I empathize with the feelings you are having. I still get a little sick in the stomach when I think about it). Whatever you do, do another recital. For SURE don't stop with this one! You have to feel a few successes under your belt so you can realize that's not all you're made of. This is inpsiring to see a mom doing this with her kids! Sorry for the long post I guess it struck a chord.
I am disappointed...I wanted to see a "train wreck". :(
Post a Comment