Monday, May 16, 2011

Hope of America?

If this is the "Hope of America" I think we should be a bit worried.


This year it was required that all 5th Graders participate in the Hope of America program. Jayden was a bit disappointed that his school was yellow this year. We've always felt sorry for the yellow kids since they get to be the "border" of the flag and not actually the flag. But, I guess everyone needs a turn at being in the background. It was a great program, as usual. It was especially enjoyable since I was all by myself and didn't have to hear "I'm bored. When is this going to be over?" a million times.

I think I've been to this program about 6 times now, but the light song impresses me every time. That and the old lady dancers - one the audience responds to the most, too. Hey, it's not every day that you see a 90-year old lady do the splits, now is it? Sorry, no video of THAT. I had to ration my battery.



4 comments:

Laurel C. said...

No footage of "Go, My Son" (or whatever the name of the Indian number is). That actually made me tear-up one year while looking at your blog.

PS. Jayden is a crack up.

rachel said...

That was my first time ever attending. I thought it was pretty cool, and the light song was my favorite too. Our next door neighbor is one of those old lady dancers - fun group :)

Aunt Brenda said...

WOW!!! That was great...loved the light show and music video.

Natalie said...

I know where Jayden gets his sense of humor. You are out of control, woman. :)