Monday, July 25, 2011

Spur of The Moment Fun

One day last week I had these big plans to take the kids to a certain park in the area. As I was informing them of my "plan" I was informed that this park wasn't any fun because there was nothing to do and it was always too crowded. Really? So, our plans changed and probably for the better since it was a really hot day. We ended up going to the new Spanish Fork park and asked Natalie and her kids to join us. It was a super fun afternoon.
~
The boys thought it was cool to play on the old fashioned 'teeter-totter'. Interesting.
They also thought these chair swings were the way to go - "so relaxing," they said. Hmm. Do they know these are supposed to be reserved for special kids who can't do the other swings? Oh well.
The playground wasn't crowded at all since the equipment was in full sun and pretty hot to the touch. But, some of them powered through.
Even though it was really hot out, it took a bit of convincing to get some of them in the water. At first Jayden was content enough to just hang out by the side with Ryan.
But, he was soon right in there with the rest of them having a blast.
Landon could have stayed all day.
Cameron just liked to run around and around making it hard for me to get a picture of him.

Doesn't this picture just say "summer"?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun time!!

GayleV said...

My kids LOVE that park. Since the park is so hot (no shade yet), we always go get wet first and then play at the park to dry off before coming home! Looks like you guys had a good time, too!

Natalie said...

I still wish I had taken Jayden up on his dare. I should have ran through with the kids. :( Next time.