Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eddington Christmas Party #2 / New Year's Eve

Christmas is never officially over until all the presents are unwrapped. This Eddington party was the last of it. The kids got spoiled, as usual.
As gifts were being passed out, Landon saw everyone else getting something, but his lap was still empty. He was good-natured about it and joked about his HUGE pile of presents (he's probably learning sarcasm from his father). But, it wasn't long before his lap really did have a HUGE pile of presents. He had a grin - ear to ear.
After our final Christmas celebration, we rang in the New Year with old fashioned noise makers - pots and pans. We weren't the only ones in the neighborhood making noise - more pot bangers and some fireworks. The kids always have fun making as much noise as they can, for a change. (See video below.)
New Year's Day was spent just hanging out as a family - my favorite part of the holidays. Uncle Jeff got roped in to reading a BIG Richard Scary book - serves him right. What a great uncle.
Video of the New Year's Eve noise making.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Oops! Your dad & I are visably missing from the New Year's Eve celebration! It didn't matter, though, did it? Sleep, blessed sleep! I'm glad the family loves each other enough to want to spend so much time during the holidays together. It makes a mother's heart proud! Your dad & I are blessed to have such a wonderful family! We love you!

Love, Mom

P.S. I'm planning a HUGE birthday party for myself. Anyone game? Or is it a private party with just your dad & myself?

Gary said...

I need to edit my original comment, just in case Laurel will read it. It should read:
"I'm glad the family loves each other enough to want to spend so much time together during the holidays."
Sorry about that!

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Looks like fun and WOW that is A LOT of presents!