Wednesday, March 24, 2010

...If I Don't Say So Myself

I am impressed and inspired by others' skills and talents. I actually enjoy seeing what others can accomplish and often wish I had a little bit of their know-how and ability. There is a blog that I check in on, now and again, and often find myself thinking, "That looks easy to do." OR "Man, that looks hard. She sure is talented." Well, recently I ran across this post about a gathered pillow that she made. I looked through all of the steps and thought, "Hmm, that doesn't look too hard." AND, I actually went out and bought the stuff to make one for the new comforter set I had just bought for our bed. Well, the stuff sat in the bag in the corner for over 2 months before I got the courage up to actually make it. Today was the day. I cracked out the sewing machine and made this little beauty: Now, I know it nowhere compares to the quality apparent in the orginal version. I had to abandon the pillow form I had bought and just go with regular stuffing since my dimensions were WAY off by the time I was finished, but I think it turned out quite nicely, ...if I don't say so myself.

10 comments:

danette said...

I think it looks great. Good job.

Ashley said...

If you wouldn't have mentioned it, you would have never known that it didn't go as planned. It actually looks perfect from the picture and I love that color. You did a great job.....especially for just recently pulling out the sewing machine. So good for you!! And thanks for the link!

Ashley

rachel said...

I think that is really cute. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...it looks great. You needn't worry about it not being the same as the original...your's is unique and very lovely...and matches your new bedroom decor.
Love Mom

Leon Visnaw said...

The picture doesn't do it justice. I thought it looked very cool, and I am I guy. When I saw Stephanie working on it at lunch yesterday she said it was going to be a pillow, I just couldn't see it. But when I got home from work I saw the finished product and was surprised. It looks really good with the new bedding. Way to go Stephanie. Love ya.

Andy said...

wow Steph! That is a beautiful pillow! I hate doing gathers and can't imagine making a pillow full of them but that tutorial makes it look so easy. Yours turned out great!

Tanya said...

Beautiful!!!

Laurel C. said...

VERY cute! Great job!

Robyn said...

Looks beautiful Stephanie! Very fancy.

Scott and Traci said...

I really like it! And I like the bedding set you got. Nice work, let us know when you start selling them :)