Wednesday, July 20, 2011

California - Lake Almanor - Boating

Boating is one favorite pastime at Lake Almanor. The boat is always packed with kids.
The kids find enjoyment by being dragged around the lake on the tube even if it's quite bumpy. Some of them could hang on forever despite Leon's attempts to shake them off. (Jayden, Megan, and Allison)
All of the kids tried knee boarding, even Landon. He was quite happy with himself to have gotten up his first try.
It was also Cameron's first time trying to knee board and he did great, too!
Jayden was anxious to try, too, and even did a bit of hot dogging.
Dallin has knee boarded before so decided to test the waters outside of the wake.
Okay, so this is what I get for leaving the camera in the boat - not that I could have taken it with me - but I have to prove that moms can still do stuff, right? (It looks like I'm ready to fall, but I'm really just getting ready to cut back over the wake - the only thing I can do on skis. The kids said it was "funny" watching me ski - whatever.)
And, of course, the Jet Skis got a lot of use, too. Leon took the kids out again and again until his hands were too sore to grip the handlebars. I guess that's why Cameron is driving.

"Dumping" the Jet Ski is not really the plan, but once in a while you just have to get in and get wet.

5 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I love that you skied, Steph! Show those whimpy knee-boarders how it's done. It was not funny watching you ski; it was impressive! You even jumped the wake! Fabulous!

PS. The sound of a boat engine reving up to pull a skier out of the water still gives me anxiety flashbacks, by the way.

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Stephanie said...

Laurel - I completely know what you're talking about. I used to get that anxious, tickly feeling in my stomach when we'd even pass a lake with boats on it. It's not as bad for me at Almanor since there aren't many who know how to ski and anyone who can even get UP on skis is "good". Besides, when Dad's not there it shouldnt' be as much pressure, right? Still a bit nervous about the cold water and the potential fish bumping me in the rear, though.

Natalie said...

I'm sure you weren't about to crash. You never crashed and that was the best part of watching the water skier. :) You could go forever! Yes, I always did more watching than skiing. I HATE dark water full of fish.

Natalie said...

P.S. I didn't hear anyone yell "hit it!". :)