Easter has always been one of my favorite times of the year. I love just about anything associated with Easter. However, for the past few years I've skipped the annual Nu Skin Egg Hunt. Maybe it has been the weather or maybe we've "been there done that" and have been avoiding it. But, whatever the reason I realized that Landon has been missing out. The other boys are too old for it, but why not just take Landon? So I did. He has been before but said he didn't remember it. But, as we pulled into the parking lot he said, "Oh, I remember this. The last time we came here I got pushed down and someone took all my eggs." It's a good thing we came to create a new, happier memory of egg hunts.
While we were waiting, we strategized a bit. I told him that all the kids would rush to the eggs right up front, and that he should just run past all the eggs and kids and head for the back of the lawn. As you can see from the picture, it worked. Landon had all the eggs he wanted all to himself. He had his bucket completely full before other kids even discovered the "back area."
We are happy to report that Landon did not get pushed down this time and got to keep ALL of his eggs. He had a great time!
Easter Sunday was pretty typical with the finding of the baskets. We weren't able to do the egg hunt since we had early church....
...but, the "Easter Bunny" sneaked into the backyard and the boys had an afternoon egg hunt.
This pink tree in this picture is one of my favorite things and I love the people in it, too.
Later that day we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the traditional egg hunt with the cousins.
Grandma numbered and filled all 121 eggs!
Easter would not be complete without a visit from the Easter Bunny/Man. Ry-Guy was very interested in him until he looked him in the eye. I love his subtle head shake "No!" Run, Ryan, Run!






2 comments:
Cute post Stephanie. Easter is one of my favorite holidays too. I love your family picture!
You are looking fabulous, Steph! Wow!
I love your strategy for Landon... run past the kids and go to the back. From the looks of his bucket, I'd say that's a stratgey that works. You're so smart.
Easter is a holiday that's starting to grow on me. I think you're a good influence. :)
Post a Comment