So, I saw this really good idea on a blog that I peek in on every now and again. But, instead of buying actual mailboxes, I decided to make it a Family Home Evening activity and make our own. Who knew that these boys would get so into creating their "mailboxes" - even Leon got into it. A pile of paper, stickers, markers and a stapler was just about all we needed.
We hung our "mailboxes" on our bedroom doors:

And, we leave notes to each other throughout the next couple of weeks. I hung a box with small papers and a pen in the hall. The boys checked their boxes many times the first couple of days and were anxious for their notes to be read. Some are just notes of appreciation and others are coupons for a day off of chores or a treat with Mom and Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
CUTE idea!
What a great idea...Leon mentioned it on the phone but it was a lot easier to understand with the pictures. Thanks for the pics!!!
I long for the days that I can hang a pen on a door knob! This girl of mine LOVES to color little tiny circles on my white doors.
What a fun idea! I love that Leon even got into it!!!
What a cute idea! Look at you Stephanie. You are so creative.
Dear Stephanie,
I totally copied your idea.
Love,
Natalie :)
You are such a great mom! What a wonderful way to promote positive relationships among your family. Do you think I would get any love notes from your dad if I installed a mailbox on my bedroom door?
Love, Mom
P.S. I can't wait to wear the pierced earrings you made me for my birthday. They look cute hanging in my new jewelry box, anyway.
Post a Comment